Basement/Crawlspace Mold Removal
One of the more prevalent areas in a home or building for mold to grow is the basement area. Musty, damp unpleasant odors are a good indicator that there is a developing mold problem. Although mold is often times visible in a basement or crawlspace, it can sometimes be hard to detect. Water intrusion from heavy rains or flooding help set up the ideal habitat for indoor mold to flourish.
Here are some of the potential reasons that can cause mold to take hold in basements and crawlspaces:
- Water intrusions through the foundation due to heavy rains/flooding from storms
- Leaks in the plumbing system
- Excessive humidity and temperature variations from inside to outside of the basement
- Gutters/downspouts not properly extended away from the foundation
- Landscape not properly graded
- Poor drainage system
- Crawlspace not vented properly
- No vapor barrier on a dirt or soil flooring
- A high water table
Contact us for a Basement Mold Removal quote at 1-877-924-7776 or use our Contact Form.