mold removalThe most common type of black mold symptoms are respiratory related. Constant coughing and sneezing, persistent headaches, irritation to the eyes, rashes, and chronic fatigue are all symptoms of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. In severe cases, nausea, vomiting, and bleeding of the nose and lungs can be present.

Black mold reproduces by creating microscopic spores, which carry harmful chemicals called mycotoxins. These spores can be released into the air and land on common household items. Mycotoxins can cause irritation when they come in contact with the skin. If they are inhaled, they can be carried into the lungs, causing accumulating liquid, and breathing to become difficult and painful. If mycotoxins are ingested, they can cause inflammation of the entire digestive system. Finding their way into the body, these toxins can reach the network of blood vessels that nourish the brain. They will travel through the bloodstream and into the nervous system, affecting the passage of signals between brain cells. This causes disruptions in memory, thinking and movement.

There are a few ways you can treat mold symptoms. The first way is to take medications to reduce your allergic reaction to mold. You can buy some of these medications over the counter at a pharmacy, or have your doctor prescribe one for you. You may also be given shots for allergies; however, to receive these shots, you must know which mold allergen is affecting you. Before being treated for any mold symptoms, make sure to have a mold inspection completed in your home. Here at AirPro, we carry a license for mold inspector (CMI). If mold is detected, we will professionally remove it!

For more information on black mold, contact AirPro Environmental Services today!