Damp and water-damaged areas are breeding grounds for black mold. This isn’t like typical green mold as black mold can poison your entire family if left in the home. The spores of black mold go unnoticed and float through the air, they then will start to make you sick. Understanding how the spores affect your body is extremely important so you can recognize the symptoms at your home or business.

Symptoms of black mold include:

  • Watering & irritated eyes
  • Sneezing
  • Running nose
  • Nausea & vomiting
  • Bleeding in the nose & lungs

While a majority of people are treated before things get worse, some have a worse reaction than others. If you are experiencing these problems consistently, you may be exposed to black mold without knowing it. You must see a doctor immediately and have the mold remediated by professionals.

Once you get away from the black mold spores, your symptoms should subside. Mold is often seen from water damage, but it can also appear in any damp area. Under sinks is a main area of concern when it comes to mold. Businesses offer suffer from black mold in the bathrooms, around the water cooler, or in the staff kitchen.